Monday, April 2, 2012

20 Minute Ruffle Dress By: Jessica for Me Sew Crazy


20 Minute Ruffle Dress

By: Jessica for Me Sew Crazy
 
    The 20 Minute Ruffle Dress from Jessica Gerblick is one of those simple sewing projects for kids that really does take only 20 minutes! The pre-ruffled fabric makes the dress look much more complicated than it is.
20 Minute Ruffle Dress
Materials:
  • 3/4 yard-1 yard of ruffled fabric
  • Sleeveless dress or shirt pattern (or dress to measure against)
  • Scrap fabric for belt (optional)
Instructions:
  1. Laying the bodice pattern pieces down on the fabric, with BOTH of them on the fold, I cut out the top and arced out to my desired length.

    20 Minute Ruffle Dress
     
  2. Then with right sides together, I sewed up the side seams and shoulder seams, turned the dress right side out, folding down the raw edge neck line and armholes, and zig zag stiched them inside.
     
  3. I didn't have a belt to embellish with, so I used a scrap piece of brown knit fabric I had lying around and simply made a belted tube with it to slip over the dress.
     

No comments:

Post a Comment