Thursday, March 22, 2012

Thrifty Thursday: Skirt from a Curtain

I was going through my "thrifty box" and came across a set of valances for a baby's room. They were originally part of a set someone had given me with a crib when our new baby granddaughter came along, but not usable in the room where we put the crib. So into the "thrifty box" they went, until they tumbled out today. I have just finished making "twirly skirts" for some of my other granddaughters (since newby is too little to twirl), and immediately knew what I wanted to do with these little curtains. They were just the right length and the width would allow for a lot of twirling, so all I had to do was sew up one side and put a ribbon through the casing that was already there! Voila! Two new twirly skirts from one pair of valances. Watch local thrift shops for curtains you can shorten or lace curtains you can re-sew the casing on (if necessary) to make beautiful skirts for your girls, big or small~so thrifty!



No comments:

Post a Comment